The real estate industry in Whangarei and the rest of Northland will have greater freedoms from Friday 3rd September.
The move to alert level three restrictions means while open homes are still banned, Kiwis can physically inspect properties for sale or for rent by appointment and buyers can finally move into their new homes.
Alert level 3 - Applies to all of Northland
1. Auctions: No physical auctions. All auctions need to be conducted online or via phone bidding.
2. Open homes and inspections: Open homes are prohibited and private viewings are strictly by appointment only and with the consent of the client and property occupants/tenants. There is a maximum of two viewings per property per day and a maximum of two people from an "extended bubble" can attend the viewing.
Physical distancing of two metres to be observed at all times and only one real estate agent can attend the viewing. The viewing must be contactless meaning that the agent should open any doors/cupboards. Attendees must be pre-registered
3. Pre-settlement inspections: These can take place following the guidelines for private viewings.
4. Moving house: Settlements and moving house can occur. REINZ is currently awaiting guidance whether inter-regional moves can occur.
5. Appraisals and listings: Appraisals must be carried out remotely where possible. If an appraisal cannot be carried out remotely, licencees may briefly visit homes to conduct appraisals with the permission of the client/s (and tenant/s if the property is tenanted). Only one licencee to attend the property. Discussions regarding the agency agreement, marketing and listing process must occur via telephone/ virtual methods only, not in person. Photography and videography to be carried out remotely by the client where possible.
6. Mailbox drops: Agents should not use letterbox drops to market a property for sale.
If you have any questions on this or anything else, then feel free to get in touch.
Helpful and interesting info from Paul, and Harcourts to help you with your property journey.